Labor Management Law Answer Book is a concise overview of the controlling provisions of the NLRA and the other major federal labor legislation. Reflecting the in-depth knowledge and experience of the authors, in question-and-answer format, it walks the reader through every requirement of federal law, including:
- ·obligations under executive orders affecting labor relations of federal contractors
- federal preemption of state regulation
- reporting requirements of unions and employers
- protected and unprotected activity
- duty to bargain
- unfair labor practice case procedures, and
- regulation of union dues and administration.
Labor Management Law Answer Book also provides:
- a concise guide to all of the requirements of the NLRA, LMRA, LMRDA and other federal statutes
- detailed guidance on what is and is not permitted activity by both unions and employers in any negotiation
- coverage of emerging issues of critical importance like collective bargaining in the public sector
- the context and analysis necessary to effectively plan and execute a labor strategy against the backdrop of complex and constantly evolving federal law, and
- relevant planning opportunities and strategies to optimize proactive decision-making.