Stocker on Drawing Wills and Trusts has been a staple in the library of attorneys and estate planners for more than 50 years. It provides high-quality, comprehensive, field-tested drafting guidance that ensures wills, trusts and other estate planning documents fully express clients’ wishes without provoking costly legal challenges. The book is updated regularly to account for the latest developments in the field.
Stocker on Drawing Wills and Trusts is enhanced by hundreds of labor-saving sample forms and clauses. It provides guidance on how to help clients capitalize on the full range of tax-saving and non-tax opportunities, covering issues such as:
Stocker on Drawing Wills and Trusts
- Pinpointing clients’ concerns and goals before drafting
- Translating clients’ objectives into precise provisions
- Selecting the appropriate dispositive scheme for minimizing potential estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer (GST) tax exposure
- Balancing estate, gift and GST tax savings with income tax consideration
- Advising clients with respect to the selection of fiduciaries
- Crafting the scope of the fiduciaries’ rights, powers and responsibilities
- Avoiding drafting pitfalls
- Anticipating contingencies that could frustrate a client’s wishes
- Executing estate planning documents properly so that they withstand potential contests
- Comparing New York law, the Uniform Trust Code and the Uniform Probate Code
- How to treat minimum required distributions from retirement accounts to a deceased account holder’s beneficiaries under the SECURE Act
is a vital planning tool for estates, trusts, and tax planning specialists and any general practitioner involved in crafting wills, trusts or other estate planning documents.