Written by two nationally recognized lawyers who have litigated major copyright cases, including those involving digital forms of communication, Copyright Law: A Practitioner’s Guide, Second Edition, helps you to:
- understand the scope of copyright owners’ exclusive rights
- prove copyright infringement and obtain appropriate remedies
- renew, restore, and recapture copyrights
- know when Internet-related activities constitute copyright infringement
- find out who owns a work for clearance purposes
- exploit unique defenses and statutory safe harbors that exist in the digital environment
- get insurance against litigation risks arising from possible infringing uses
- know when and how to register copyrights with the Copyright Office.
Copyright Law: A Practitioner’s Guide provides up-to-date analysis of court decisions and practical advice for the protection of copyrights. The book also includes a useful detailed flowchart using an actual case result to illustrate how damages and profits are calculated.