Derivatives Deskbook: Close-Out Netting, Risk Mitigation, Litigation is a comprehensive resource for all users of swap agreements and derivatives, from financial institutions to corporate end-users.
- Defines the key terminology and identifies the major players
- Discusses the full range of required documentation
- Highlights best practices for the legal risk management of derivatives
- Includes numerous practice-tested legal forms
Additionally, Derivatives Deskbook provides an extensive analysis of close-out netting, examining:
- The termination events and events of default that can trigger the early termination of OTC derivative transactions
- The complex process of calculating the early termination amounts due the parties under the transactions
- How derivatives transactions can be terminated in ways that minimize the damage to the parties and to the global financial system
is a unique resource, providing a comprehensive discussion of difficult-to-find litigation cases from foreign jurisdictions, as well as including, for the reader’s convenience, the key Dodd-Frank and EMIR regulations.